You are the most important part of our mission. Your love through adoption makes a big difference in every dog’s life. Your compassion, dedication and devotion help us to place our hounds with their forever loving family.
Please remember, we do not adopt our dogs to families with children under the age of 15 years old. In addition, many of our dogs have high prey drive and may not be suitable for families with small dogs and cats. Please see each available dog’s profile for details.
All hauls of newly retired racers, lurchers, and other sighthounds remain impacted by COVID-19. We will maintain precautions as necessary for the safety of all involved. As always, the safety of our adopters, fosters, volunteers, and communities is our top priority. We will post updates here and on Facebook.
For quite some time, we have had a waiting list of potential greyhound adopters. But please be aware that we will continue to match our hounds with the best homes for them and their new families.
We do not know when we will receive more retired racers. This also applies to other Sighthounds and Sighthound Mixes.
In an effort to match each dog with their forever home, we have a multi-step adoption process that allows us to get to know you to ensure a successful placement. Our application process lets us work with you to make sure the dog you have selected is the right fit for your life style and family.
- We require a non-refundable $25.00 application fee before we will start the adoption application process. There is a link on the Adoption Application Form to Pay the Adoption Application Fee.
- Applicants must be 21 or over.
- You will complete an Application (link is above) for our review. Again, adoption applications will not be considered unless they are complete and the $25.00 adoption application deposit has been paid. Please give us up to 48 hours to review your Application and contact you.
- Once you complete the Application, We will contact you to let you know your status. If you are accepted, we will set up an appointment for a home check. In accordance with safety restrictions due to COVID-19, your home check will be conducted via Zoom.
- Once we complete your home check and you have successfully passed it, we will let you know the next steps for meeting your new dog.
- If you are adopting, our contract is a Foster to Adopt contract. This gives you a five (5) day trial period before the adoption is final.
- International Greyhounds and Other Sighthounds $800
- Domestic Greyhounds and Other Sighthounds and Sighthound Mixes $500
- Honorary Sighthound Mixes $400
All the hounds are spayed/neutered, have a dental cleaning, microchipped, wormed, wellness checkup, blood work, tick fever and heartworm test, ears cleaned, and nails trimmed. You will also receive some transition food, a martigale and leash, and a muzzle.
Our favorite books are: Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood, Adopting the Retired Racing Greyhound by Cynthia Brannigan, and Childproofing your Dog by Brian Kilcommons. The internet has a lot of information on greyhound adoption. The Greyhound Project, Inc. and the American Greyhound Council are two wonderful sites.